Monday, May 15, 2006

Rudi's First Week of Life








I am such a proud auntie! It is confirmed my sister makes beautiful babies as Mariel says :) On May 4th I became an aunt of a beautiful baby girl named Rudi born at 7lbs 2ozs. Just like my nephew Noah she is absolutely precious. Her first week of life mostly consisted of eating, sleeping and stretching. She barely cries but sometimes she makes a little vibrating sound like a cat. I have it on video for proof because it is unreal.

While my sister was in the hospital I took care of little Noah and he was such a trooper. We visited his new baby sister, Mom and Dad twice a day to help with the adjustment. We also made sure we visited my grandmother a few times because Noah loves it there. Not to mention the people in the home seem to light up when they see little Noah. Only the first morning was sad when he woke up crying. I am sure it was because he missed my sister...poor little one. Hearing him cry like that was heart wrenching. Thank goodness with some support from my mom, dad and I he stopped after a short while.

That weekend to cheer him up Noah and I went to the Teen Ranch Open House for his first pony ride. He was a great little rider but it was so funny his favourite part of that day seemed to be the barbeque....he was fascinated by the big burgers. He kept giggling and saying "mmmm Big Burger". I was in stitches!

Teen Ranch is a great place for kids to go for summer camp in the countryside of Caledon. They have horse riding, swimming, basketball, volleyball, tennis, hockey and much more. Sorry I forgot my camera no pics of Noah on the pony, but I did happen to get a pic of his ride on Dino the dog in the mall on my sister's first real outing since the birth. Oh and yes I was one of those kids that ran home at lunch time to see the Flinstones in Public School.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home