Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Old Man Robbie Story


Early this morning I woke with the desire for a coffee and a bagel....so off I went. Just as I was leaving the cafe it started to rain so I ran for cover in the gazebo at the park. I had just sat down and a little old man came over to sit beside me. He introduced himself as Robbie the aquarius. Soon after he sat down, out came a Molson Canadian beer bottle. As he sipped away he told me his life story. Very interesting character!! As I was eating he looked at my bagel in a way that made me think he was hungry so I shared half of it with him. He was so thankful. Very gentle, sweet old guy for someone with such a hard life. I left thinking how THANKFUL I should be for such a wonderful life I have!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amal Al-Iraqi said...

Jus' love your closing statement. Be well and wind in your sails!

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home